Updated on 3rd September 2019
Like all organisations that use your personal information, Grantham Piano Services must provide information about the purposes for which we use your personal data, the rights you have over it and what that means in practice. The way we use your data hasn’t changed, and we still give it the same level of care and protection.
Protecting your information
Who’s in control of your information?
Information about you
‘We’ or ‘Grantham Piano Services’ hold the following personal data for all clients:
- Contact telephone numbers
- Email address
- Appointment dates
- Payment and accounts information.
This data is held for internal use with the following exceptions:
- In some circumstances, we may need to share your personal data with other third parties (including legal or other advisers, regulatory authorities, courts and government agencies) to enable us to enforce our legal rights, or where such disclosure may be permitted or required by law. Unless we tell you otherwise, your data will not be processed outside the EEA.
- Our Website Manager has access to any data submitted through the website but is governed by the conditions laid out in this policy.
Internal data use includes:
- Phone numbers and email addresses in order to send out reminders.
- Address details for the sending of reminder cards.
We do our best to ensure that any personal data given to us by you is protected and securely stored. We use strict procedures and security features to try and prevent any unauthorised access.
Data controller: Janette Steuart
Data processors: Janette and John Steuart and Website Manager.
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us. When your information is no longer required, we will ensure it is disposed of securely.
If you have submitted a contact form via our website your enquiry and details are held on our secure server for up to 6 months and will be stored in website backups for up to 12 months. Our website and e mails are backed up and stored in the USA, our data laws will be adhered to regarding these backups and storage or information.
No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be secure of intrusion, however, we maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your personal information in accordance with applicable data protection legislative requirements.
Access to information
You have a right of access to the information we hold on you, as well as the right to request we amend or delete it, unless prohibited by law. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org or calling:01822 855757. This will be completed within 30 days of the request. There is no charge to access, update or delete your information.